7 Ways wineries can rock #Cabernet Day on Twitter
Thursday September 2nd is #Cabernet Day on all social media sites. Social media winos around the world will be tasting and sharing posts about the king of grapes. Any tweet, Facebook post, blog post, etc.. using the hash tag “#cabernet” will be searchable which is another way of saying you can filter everything else out so you just see those tweets if you want.
The constantly updating page for the event is http://cabernet.eventbrite.com.
Here’s a few suggestions for wineries who want to kick start their OND season off right:
1. If you have internet and decent phone reception, invite people to come to your winery. Put up the twitter stream so everyone can see it and interact. We use twitterfall.com to pull in #cabernet tweets only. Type in #cabernet where is says, “All Searches”.
2. If you don’t want to have people to the winery, but want to participate, we’ll add your logo to the invite page. You can literally participate from anywhere you have access to Twitter.
3. Invite your brand ambassadors or wine club members who are on Twitter or Facebook to talk about your wine using the hash tag.
4. Invite key accounts to host a satellite tweetup where they display the Twitter stream (using twitterfall) and pour your wine.
5. Offer your Cabernet at a discount for people to buy ahead of time so they have it on hand that day and can tweet about it.
6. Be community minded and support other wineries, shops and restaurants in their efforts.
7. Most of all, interact with as many people that day as you can. This is a targeted and qualified audience. It’s a great way to build social media connections. The holiday season will be kicking off, here’s a great way to get some mojo for your brand.