‘Tis the season of holiday cocktail parties, large family gatherings, and cozy nights at home with loved ones. This also means, ‘tis the season of copious amounts of delicious food and superb wine pairings. And who couldn’t use a quick and foolproof, but still dazzling, recipe to bring to the table (if you will…) this time of year?
One of our favorite pairs was created by Scott Tracy, Guest Experience Manager, at St. Supéry Estate. Scott created an entirely new series of experiences, our Interactive Wine Classes, for guests at St. Supéry Estate. This treat, paired perfectly with our Napa Valley Estate Moscato, comes from Scott’s Wine & Cheese Pairing.
The recipe is as easy as this, lay out the ingredients, stack ‘em up, pour a glass of St. Supéry Napa Valley Estate Moscato. Snack and sip!
• Carr’s Whole Wheat Cracker
• Peach Preserve (1/2 teaspoon)
• St. Agur Blue Cheese* (3/4 inch square block)
• Organic Red Pear (thinly sliced)
* St. Agur is a cow’s milk French double cream cheese and may not be common in all markets, though cheese shops will most likely carry it. If you can’t find St. Agur Blue Cheese, look for other cow’s milk blue cheeses such as Bleu d’Auvergne, Fourme d’Amber, Gorgonzola or Maytag Blue. Sheep’s or goat’s milk cheeses are likely to be less rich.