St. Supéry Salmon Cakes with Arugula, Balsamic, and Meyer Lemon Crème Fraiche
Recipe Courtesy of St. Supéry Culinary Team
1 ½ lbs Wild Salmon, bones and skin removed and small-diced
4 slices fresh Bread, ground into large crumbs, divided in half
2 Tbl Whole Milk
2 tsp Meyer Lemon zest, divided
1 Tbl Chives, minced
3 Tbl Butter, cut into small dice
Salt and Black Pepper
2 C Baby Arugula
¼ C + 1 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
½ C Crème Fraiche
1 Tbl Meyer Lemon juice
Fresh cracked Black Pepper
- Drizzle the milk over half of the breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the zest and all the chives over top and let sit 5 minutes.
- Season the diced salmon and add to the bowl, along with the butter pieces, and gently fold all together.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight to firm up. Shape into desired-sized cakes and roll in remaining breadcrumbs. Keep in fridge until ready to cook.
- Heat ¼ cup olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon cakes and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, crisp, and cooked through, about 5-8 minutes total, depending on the size. Place on a paper-towel lined plate until ready to serve.
- Toss arugula with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Whisk crème fraiche, lemon juice and remaining 1 teaspoon lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Top salmon cakes with dressed arugula, drizzle with lemon crème fraiche, and crack fresh pepper over top.
Wine Pairing: Napa Valley Estate Cabernet Sauvignon