Steelhead Tacos with Corn Tortillas, Slaw, Radishes, Crema & Cilantro
Recipe courtesy of Estate Chef Gretchen Stoops Luongo
1 ½ lbs Steelhead filet, bones and skin removed and cut into 1” wide slices
2 Tbl Chili powder
1 tsp each ground Cumin, ground Coriander, Garlic powder
½ tsp Mexican Oregano
Salt and Black Pepper
3 C Cabbage, shredded(red, green, or a mix)
2 Scallions, thinly sliced
½ C Cilantro leaves, divided
2 Tbl Lime juice
1 tsp Lime zest
½ C Grapeseed oil, divided
1 Tbl Sugar
Globe Radishes, thinly sliced
Warmed Corn Tortillas
- Mix chili, cumin, coriander, garlic powder and oregano in a small bowl.
- Season fish pieces with salt and pepper, then coat evenly with spice mix. Transfer to a parchment-lined sheet pan sprayed with oil, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil.
- Bake at 450˚for 5-7 minutes, or until browned and gently firm to the touch.
- Whisk lime juice, zest, remaining 6 tablespoons of grapeseed oil, sugar, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add in cabbage, scallions, and ¼ cup cilantro leaves and toss to combine.
- Serve fish with the slaw, warmed tortillas, and radishes, crema, and remaining cilantro leaves.
Wine Pairing: Dollarhide Estate Vineyard Malbec