Garlic Lemon Crab Bucatini
Recipe Courtesy of The Great Sustainable Seafood Tour Recipe Contest Entrant Kristin Solorzano
The symphony of flavors in this pasta dish is simple yet complex. The sweetness from the crab and slow-roasted garlic pairs beautifully with the light heat of crushed red pepper. While fresh
lemon and parsley add the perfect balance to round out the dish. Pair with St. Supéry Napa Valley Estate Sauvignon Blanc, and you’ll think you’re feeling the breeze over the rolling hills of the St.
Supéry winery. Serves 2.
1/2 lb Bucatini pasta
1c fresh jumbo lump crab from blue crab, sustainably caught from Maryland, Western- Central Atlantic Ocean, Chesapeake Bay, drained and picked for shells
3 cloves fresh pressed garlic
1/4c unsalted butter
1/4tsp crushed red pepper
2tbs olive oil Zest of
1 lemon Juice of 1 lemon
2tbs fresh chopped parsley plus more for garnish
1. In a medium skillet over low heat, melt butter, oil, garlic, and chili flakes for about 10-15 minutes until garlic is soft and fragrant.
2. While garlic is roasting, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente (about 8 minutes). Drain pasta, reserving 1/2c-3/4c of the cooking water.
3. Once the garlic is soft and fragrant, increase heat to medium-low heat and add the crab stirring to heat through (about 2 minutes).
4. Add the drained pasta and 1/2c of the pasta water to make the sauce. Add fresh parsley, lemon juice, and 1tbs of lemon zest. Adjust seasonings if needed.
5. Divide pasta into bowls and sprinkle with fresh parsley and lemon zest. Pair with St. Supéry Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc and crusty bread.