Pacific Cod Ceviche
Recipe Courtesy of The Great Sustainable Seafood Tour Recipe Contest Entrant Gabi Subert
CONTEST PEOPLE’S CHOICE WINNER 2019
1 lb. fresh white fish, such as cod, halibut, seabass or tilapia (from butcher or fish market), cut into ½-1 in. cubes
1 tbsp. shallot, finely diced
1 yellow mango (honey mango), cubed (about 1 cup)
1 tbsp. jalapeno, finely diced1 avocado, cubed (about 1 cup)
2 grapefruit, juiced
2 limes, juiced (zest 1 of the limes prior to juicing)
2 lemons, juiced
1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
S&P, to taste
1. Zest your lime, set aside. Juice your citrus fruits, set aside in a bowl. Reserve ½ of 1 of the grapefruits for later.
2. Prepare your fish. Add your citrus juice into a bowl with your cubed fish, making sure the fish is fully covered in the juices. Add the shallot and jalapeno in, gently mix with the fish and citrus juices. Place in fridge for 30 minutes. The juices will “cook” the fish, making it opaque.
3. Prepare your other ingredients-dice your mango, avocado, chop the cilantro.
4. Remove the fish from the fridge and drain/discard the marinating juice. Add your other ingredients into the bowl and mix gently to combine.
5. Top with lime zest, salt/pepper to taste, and a squeeze of the remainder grapefruit.
6. Serve with corn chips, or with a tostada.
7. Enjoy with the St. Supery Napa Valley Estate Sauvignon Blanc!